Baird Tavern 2017-03-01T17:47:28+00:00

Baird Tavern

Located at 105 Main Street, Baird Tavern is among the most legendary buildings in Warwick’s history.In 1766, Francis Baird built his limestone tavern as an inn to house travelers that, along with a store, served a vital role in community life.

George Washington, then Commander-in-chief of the Continental Army, recorded his 1783 tavern visit in his diary. His wife, Martha, also stayed at the Baird’s Tavern on her way to see Washington in his Newburgh headquarters in 1786.